The MiniMakers weekly MAKERSClub sessions are perfect for little makers who are interested in creative design, making things, problem solving and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math).
Each week, they will work hands-on completing projects that follow seasonal themes and current events. No two weeks will ever be the same and as their skills progress, so do the challenges in the projects they undertake.Some Skills Developed Throughout the Program:
- Creative Design Process (from imagination to made)
- Crafting and DIY Builds (arts and crafts at the next level!)
- Safety Awareness (the skill of identifying hazards and always being safe)
- Practical Mathematics (e.g. calculating measurements and angles)
- Mechanism Engineering and Simple Machines (levers, hinges, simple motors, etc.
- Technology Integration (safe, low voltage motors, led lights, simple switches, basic electric fundamentals, etc.)
- Art (aesthetic design and creative expression)
- Simple Economics (our makers earn “MakerBucks” that they use for project upgrades from our MakerStore – no cash value but instills the concept of value, saving and reward)
- Woodworking (using child safe age appropriate tools that can cut wood but not skin)