Weekly session – every Tuesday
Course Time: 4:30pm to 6:00pm (90 mins)
Ages : 6 – 12 year olds
The MiniMakers weekly Early Evening Sessions are perfect for little makers who are interested in creative design, making things, problem solving and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math). Each week, they will work hands-on completing projects that follow seasonal themes and current events. No two weeks will ever be the same and as their skills progress, so do the challenges in the projects they undertake. Starting with simple mechanisms and artistic creations then going as far as building their very own creations (including remote control cars, robots, boats, jewelry, clothes, art, etc.). Your little makers will learn the design process that will be useful for life and develop the skills to turn their imagination into reality. They will build comfort using age appropriate, child-safe tools, including a number of different materials. They will also learn how to plan in pieces and how to assemble complex creations – all with the help of professional instructors. MiniMakers offers a safe learning environment that helps build important skills and confidence in our makers – all the while having a lot of fun, building a life long love for creation, science and imagination.
Skills Developed Throughout the Program:
- Creative Design Process (from imagination to made)
- Crafting and DIY Builds (arts and crafts at the next level!)
- Safety Awareness (the skill of identifying hazards and always being safe)
- Practical Mathematics (e.g. calculating measurements and angles)
- Mechanism Engineering and Simple Machines (levers, hinges, simple motors, etc.
- Technology Integration (safe, low voltage motors, led lights, simple switches, basic electric fundamentals, etc.)
- Art (aesthetic design and creative expression)
- Simple Economics (our makers earn “MakerBucks” that they use for project upgrades from our MakerStore – no cash value but instills the concept of value, saving and reward)
- Woodworking (using child safe age appropriate tools that can cut wood but not skin)
MakersClub memberships automatically renew every month and renewals can be cancelled at any time.