- This event has passed.
Spring Camp – March 21st to 25th [ALL DAY: 8:30am – 4:30pm] – SOLD OUT!
March 21 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
One event on March 22, 2022 at 8:30 am
One event on March 23, 2022 at 8:30 am
One event on March 24, 2022 at 8:30 am
One event on March 25, 2022 at 8:30 am
This Spring we’ve got an exciting new curriculum that will enthuse and educate, ignite curiosity and creativity, meshing science with art, cool (literally) experiments with safety and skills. Over the 5 day program, participants will build all sorts of creations, their confidence, and their mini maker network; learn and hone their wood working skills with child safe tools, enjoy an educational buffet of science with sides of art, design, history, culture, and life skills to that range from jet planes and walking robots, to scissor lift chairs and an anti-gravity contraption, as they journey to faraway places at map-time, or through games and story-telling. There may even be adventures to faraway eras of polaroid cameras and picture houses, and an afternoon at the movies with the crew at Hogwarts where costumes are encouraged. Geeky toys and science quizzes, and of course the customary popcorn (that really is the way to a MiniMakers’ heart in many cases!)
Here’s a snapshot of the Curriculum for Spring Camps 2022:
- Day 1 – MAKE to the Skies: Build a plane and bottle rocket, learn what makes them fly, explore aerodynamics and hot air balloon principles, travel through time and space with a suitcase and stories, and compete for the MiniMaker Jet Speeder or the Aero-Quiz-Ace title
- Day 2 – MAKE it Foamie: Play with bubbles, as we turn MiniMakers into the fun factory where elephant toothpaste, bubbling lava lamps, lemon volcanoes and fizzy fountains create a sense of wonder and fascination that makes learning up in the class, so so fun!
- Day 3 – MAKE it Robot’s Day Out: Hang out with Neo and Quincy for a day of ice-cream making, drawing and maze-ing, and build your own walking robot to keep you company at home and everywhere so Neo and Quincy are not missed too too much.
- Day 4 – MAKE it Levitate: Whether you’ve got your spells down pat like Hermione Granger or not, you can and you will levitate, and you’ll have a project to show and glow about to friends and fam! Gravity Magnetism, Air Pressure can make for MAGICAL and fun learning!
- Day 5 – MAKE it like the Movies: The Directors’ chair is a neat seat to build and be in, for the creative storyteller and prospective filmmaker. Boomerangs, and polaroid snaps, special effects that turn kiddos into dragons, and make mist and fog appear out of thin air!
Your mini makers will spend the 5 days building and decorating their creations, toys, games, crafts and art. Every day will be unique and full of imagination, creativity and hands-on fun. There will also be a number of science demonstrations to inspire a life long love for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Drop off time: 8:30 – 9:30AM*
Pick up time: 4:30PM*
*We kindly request trying to keep to these times for the sake of limiting overcrowding at the entrance. If you are running late for pick-up please let us know via email
Please send the following/equip/brief your child with/on the following:
- Small personal hand sanitizer
- Disposable/approved face mask that fits over the nose
- Water bottle
- Lunch and snacks (nut free – school rules)
- Understanding of the safety protocol which includes contactless temperature checks, wearing a mask and ensuring it covers the nose, hand washing and sanitizing, social distancing.
Due to enhanced covid safety measures and new Provincial Health Guidelines, we will need to ensure that updated waivers are signed and we thank you for cooperating with the new protocols we have put in place to keep you, yours and ours safe.
[Disclaimer: These photos were taken prior to covid restrictions for kids]